If you are considering drilling for gas and oil on your property here are the questions you should ask
any drilling company.
- Ask the Ohio Division of Mineral Resources Management or the Ohio Oil and Gas Association about the company proposing the lease.
- Check the company’s references.
- How many wells has the company drilled in Northeast Ohio?
- Does the company fund their own drilling or do they have outside investors to raise the money needed?
- Does the company own a drilling rig? If not, has the company confirmed drilling rig availability from the drilling contractor?
- Is a trained geologist involved with identifying the company’s drilling locations?
- Does the person trying to acquire the lease work directly for the company that will own and operate the well, or will they be selling the lease to another company?
- What is the monetary consideration the company is offering? (Royalty percentage, signing bonus, annual allotment of free gas)
- Is the landowner given the right to approve the location of the drill site, equipment and access road?
- Does the company use a professional landscaper for the final reclamation of the drill site and for landscaping around the equipment areas?
- Is the landowner involved in creating the final landscaping plan?